Services – Garden Design & Build – Detailed Planting Plans & Planting – The Complete Service
Good garden design is an essential ingredient to achieving your dream garden. Besides adding value to your home, a well thought garden design will provide an attractive and practical additional living space. Using a Garden Designer will help to focus your ideas and the possibilities of your garden to ensure a unified overall design that considers your wishes, necessities and tastes; along with the constraints of your garden and your budget, helping you to avoid haphazard, rash and costly mistakes.
RHS Medal winning Wiltshire Garden Designer, Jill Blackwood, caters for all types of garden design & build, including modern/contemporary gardens, traditional gardens, country gardens, cottage gardens, town gardens, low maintenance gardens, family gardens, wild gardens, wildlife gardens, vegetable gardens and water feature design. Jill has undertaken garden design & build projects of all sizes and scopes, producing gardens for the smallest town garden up to a large country garden with a range of budgets. Jill also offers informative, detailed planting plans along with a complete planting service to fully complete your dream garden, ensuring colour and interest throughout the seasons. In every garden Jill aims to balance beauty and leisure with wildlife and the environment.
Whether you use Jill’s recommended builders, your builders or do the work yourself, a professional garden design will help ensure a clear idea of what the garden will look like and the costs involved before you embark on the project.
Jill is available for advice throughout your garden design, build and planting and is happy to return to your completed garden to give further advice on aftercare for your plants to ensure your garden continues to flourish and mature.
Garden Design Service
- An initial consultation with Jill to discuss your needs, present her portfolio and explain the design services and the possible fees.
- Once fees are agreed there will be a more detailed discussion to extend and clarify your garden brief – your needs, wishes and tastes for your garden.
- Jill will then carry out a site survey to establish existing garden features, soil and site orientation and take photographs.
- A concept plan will be drawn by Jill along with a proposed plant list and ideas for features and materials. These will be presented for discussion at a further meeting with a view to making any necessary adjustments to the garden plans.
- There will then be a site visit arranged with you by the construction company to establish access, any site issues and access to water an electricity. Also to check there are no obvious issues with the design.
- Jill will then draw your final, scaled, detailed garden plan and plant plan along with an estimate and time scale for the work to create your garden. The plant plan includes an illustration of the colour and form of the proposed planting along with an informative plant list detailing the planned location of the plant, their expected growth and their season and colour.
Plant Plan Service
If you have already carried out the construction of your garden and would like some advice on planting, Jill will happily provide you with the information you need to ensure colour and interest through the seasons in your new or existing garden.
- An initial consultation with Jill to discuss your needs, present her portfolio and explain the design services and the costs
- Once fees are agreed there will be a detailed discussion to establish your needs, wishes and tastes for the planting of your garden.
- Jill will then carry out a site survey to establish the areas to be planted, soil and site orientation and take photographs.
- Jill will then produce a detailed plant plan along with an estimate and time scale for works. The plant plan includes an informative plant list detailing the planned location of the plant, their expected growth and their season and colour.
Advice Consultation Service
- An initial consultation with Jill who will present her portfolio and explain the consultation services and the costs.
- Once fees are agreed there will be a detailed discussion to establish your needs, wishes and tastes, Jill will offer design and planting advice and ideas for your garden and horticultural advice.
With over 14 years experience in planning and completing her gardens, Jill Blackwood can offer a comprehensive garden design & build service, along with ensuring your garden is planted. All gardens featured on this website were designed and planted by Jill Blackwood Garden Design. Jill has worked with a number of carefully selected local builders to ensure her gardens are constructed to the highest standards. So if you have your own ideas for your garden and would like an estimate – from building a garden wall to a full garden makeover Jill can ask one of her builders to contact you and discuss your needs to help bring your garden to reality. If you are looking for a comprehensive, professional garden design, build & planting service then contact Jill Blackwood to discuss your project.
Garden Design & Build Swindon Wiltshire